Tuesday 29 November 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread


Yes. You heard right. Shortbread made with peanut butter & chocolate, and incidentally without any milk or eggs.

During the holidays or for any occasion, my melt in your mouth shortbread is one of my most prized recipes. I am quite proud of the result and hope you will be too.

You can dress it up a number of ways. For the holidays we do these up like gingerbread men with a simple glaze for our son, because he isn't a fan of gingerbread or sugar cookies. Often, I drizzle chocolate topping over the cookies in little zig-zags with a fork, or just dust with a little icing sugar for presentation sake. But honestly, these are great on their own. The texture is a little more hearty than a standard shortbread and it looks a little prettier too with the flecks of chocolate all throughout.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful, almost like millionaires shortbread. This is my first visit toyour blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete